Appearance can mean everything. Having an awkward smile can negatively affect a person’s self esteem. Missing tooth can lead to people not smiling at all, feel embarrassed of what others will think of their oral imperfections. Having missing teeth could lead people to be very shy and don’t prefer to be among large public groups, they become hesitant to get up and speak in public. But don’t worry! Dental implants can help rescue all your oral embarrassments. Dental implants can be the right choice for anyone missing one, multiple, or even all of their teeth due to injury, defects, disease or decay.
What are dental implants?
Dental implant is an oral surgical procedure where a titanium frame or post is positioned into the jawbone beneath the gums allowing dentists to mount replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. Dental implants help provide a strong foundation for fixed replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
Top 5 benefits of dental implants:
- Long Lasting: One of the great benefits of dental implants is that they are extremely durable and long lasting. Being secured with an artificial root that is fused to the jawbone, dental implants create an extremely strong replacement tooth, and one that can often last for several decades.
- Visually appealing, clearer speech and boosts confidence: Another top benefit of dental implants is that they are visually appealing, looking no different from a natural tooth. Having a permanent smile that doesn’t roll around or bring discomfort is certainly a mood booster, bringing a sense of confidence whether at work, home or play. Some patients boast of their clearer speech with implants.
Image Courtesy: https://www.pinterest.es/pin/476185360583481148/
- Implants don’t move, behave exactly as a normal tooth: Before undergoing dental implant surgery, a patient may have been using removable dentures, or a bridge as another form of treatment. While this can work suitably for some people, having to remove the appliance to eat certain foods can be awkward and embarrassing. Being permanently fixed, dental implants behave exactly as a normal tooth helping to eliminate any of the embarrassments of removing replacement teeth in public. Infact, they are so comfortable in your mouth, that you may even forget that the implants are there.
- Cavity resistant: Irrespective of your age, cavities are always a constant threat to oral health. Fortunately, dental implants are not destroyed by cavities. Being an artificial tooth, they will never decay like natural teeth. However, this doesn’t mean you can ignore proper oral hygiene. Keeping your teeth and gums properly will help prolong the life of your dental implants.
Image Courtesy: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-10-materials-stronger-cheaper-dental-implants.html
- Effective at any age: Whether you’re in your teens or at the ripe age of 70 and upwards, you can still get dental implants. The only requirements are that your mouth is healthy, your teeth have finished growing, and a dentist pronounces you a good candidate for this tooth replacement solution. Once you’ve satisfied these criteria, you’re ready to get back your beautiful and healthy smile with the help of dental implants.
- Strengthens jawbone: Dental implants offer an excellent solution to this problem because the material, titanium, contains biologically-fusing properties that encourage bone growth. Dental implants strengthen your jawbone & prevent bone loss, keeping your face away from sagging, enable you to eat and talk more easily, and, if capped with a crown, bridge or denture, implants give you a beautiful, natural looking smile.
Image Courtesy: https://mesadental.com/affordable-dental-implants-mesa-az/
- Painless & a quick procedure: Patients no longer have to wait to replace their missing tooth; dental implants can be set in just one visit and in a painless fashion.
- Allows easy chewing: Dental implants are strong enough to let you enjoy all of your favorite crunchy snacks and meals. You can dig into that big bite without a hint of hesitation.
Mouth is one of the first things people notice about you, and a first impression is made based on your appearance. Having bad teeth can make false judgment about you, without properly getting to know you first. Dental implants help correct your teeth and never provide a scope to ruin your first impression.